Third cone pulley for a walker turner drill press.

bruce5918

New User
Bruce
I want to install a third cone pulley on the column of my walker turner drill press so I can reduce the rpm for metal milling work.
Any suggestions where I get the parts?

PhilErup

PhilErup
User
Check local machine shops or online marketplaces like eBay for the parts. Make sure they match your needs and your drill press's motor can handle it.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I want to install a third cone pulley on the column of my walker turner drill press so I can reduce the rpm for metal milling work.
Any suggestions where I get the parts?
That question assumes that absolutely all Walker Turner drill presses are identical. That's really not the case.

Rick Mainhart

Rick
Corporate Member
Hi Bruce,

Here's a start: McMaster-Carr

You can also do an internet search for cone pulley. There are quite a few different available.

You will need to know the bore diameter, the minimum and maximum diameters you desire, as well as the size belt you have.

Good luck,

Rick

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hi Bruce,

Here's a start: McMaster-Carr

You can also do an internet search for cone pulley. There are quite a few different available.

You will need to know the bore diameter, the minimum and maximum diameters you desire, as well as the size belt you have.

Good luck,

Rick
What Rick said. I bought a replacement 3 sheave pulley for my 1950's vintage Benchmaster mill from..wait for it..Amazon.

-Mark

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
These people sell some Walker Turner parts and it may be that they have accessories like the slow speed attachment.

Walker-Turner Serviced Machinery, LLC | Coventry CT

Here's the slow speed pulley for the common 900 series presses. It appears to have something like a water pump bearing embedded in the center of the pulley.

EBay will be your best bet since you'll not likely join owwm.org just to buy an aggressively sought after accessory.

wt pulley.jpg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@bruce5918 how many steps are you looking for and what is the shaft size?

I have one, but I think it is a 5-step pulley and I added a bushing for a 1/2" shaft...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS