They're Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
At least in Greenville.

Stopped by Big Lots today and picked up 7 more Stanley/Baily Bessy clones. Four 48", two 60", and one 18". They had several 60" left.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Re: Their Back!

Was in the Rocky Mount store today and picked up 4 18" ones for $8 each. We'll see how they work tomorrow.

Mike

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I took the liberty of editing the title for you, ("They're") hope you did not mind.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Do yours look like this (before the handle broke)?

423084572_haVsW-L.jpg

I have already broken two handles just from trying to support the weight with it. Maybe I can figure out how to make some wood handles.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Do yours look like this (before the handle broke)?

423084572_haVsW-L.jpg

I have already broken two handles just from trying to support the weight with it. Maybe I can figure out how to make some wood handles.

That looks to be the Columbian brand, not the Stanley.

Regarding the Stanley's ... put almost all of mine to use today with several glue ups ... worked VERY well (IMHO probably as good as, if not better, than my Besseys)

Dudelive

New User
Dude
From just looking at the picture only, maybe you could remove the large metal ring right above where the handle went. Then drill the handle out to fit the shaft and use a split pin to fit the handle back on to the shaft with after you drill a hole for the pin to be held tight in.

Yes my original thought was to make a handle on the lathe but if the broken one can be cut straight where it broke and drilled and reused, that may be a better idea.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Gees, it was yellow so I thought Stanley. That is what I get for buying in a hurry. But, for what I paid, they were worth it even if I have to make all new handles...

Didn't mean to high jack the thread.

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
Michael,

Not the F bar style clamps. I got the Parallel/K Body style.

I still can't get over the deal. $388.00 worth of clamps for $106.00. They seem to work fine so far and always have favorable reviews.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
At least in Greenville.

Stopped by Big Lots today and picked up 7 more Stanley/Baily Bessy clones. Four 48", two 60", and one 18". They had several 60" left.

Good luck.

I bought some of the k body clones a couple of weeks ago (18 and 24 inchers). I need one 60" one to go with the three 50" Bessey's I have. After seeing your post, I checked the Hwy 54/55 store in Durham today hoping they had received another shipment. No luck. If anyone in the Triangle happens to see a 60" one please post here what store has them.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I gotta look for those. I just broke the handle on another one. I usually don't venture out to the stores between Thanksgiving and New Years. So, gotta do it soon! If anyone finds any in the Winston-Salem area - let me know!

lottathought

New User
Michael
I picked up a couple of 60" ones in the K-Body style today in a Raleigh store.
They had some F-style clamps in addition to that and that is all they had.
(I was REALLY hoping to have gotten some 24" of the K-Body style too.)
I talked to the manager of the store. He is thinking that this is all there is going to be.
Seems like there was a "One-Time" buy that they got.
I tried to get more details but either he did not know more or did not want to say more.
No idea if this is correct....just what he told me.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
I am acquainted with a Big Lots store manager in Durham. He said he would call me when they received a new shipment. If I get a call, I will post it here for those of you in that area.

tv

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I picked up a couple of 60" ones in the K-Body style today in a Raleigh store.
They had some F-style clamps in addition to that and that is all they had.
(I was REALLY hoping to have gotten some 24" of the K-Body style too.)
I talked to the manager of the store. He is thinking that this is all there is going to be.
Seems like there was a "One-Time" buy that they got.
I tried to get more details but either he did not know more or did not want to say more.
No idea if this is correct....just what he told me.

OK, don't keep us in suspense....WHICH Raleigh store. I need one more 60 incher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS