Stanley Bailey No. 7 Jointer Plane - SOLD

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Another post to help clear out my friend's workshop.

Stanley Bailey No. 7 Jointer Plane. Looks to me to be in good condition. $95. Cash only please. Located near Jordan Lake.
Thanks for looking.
Bob

tt sb 7a.jpgtt sb7b.jpgtt sb 7c.jpg

Last edited:

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
If you're cleaning out an entire woodworking shop, I would be interested in a complete set of hand planes--#4, #5 or 5 1/2, #6 low angle, #7, shoulder, rabbet, and low angle block plane. If a set is part of the woodworking shop, I would make a bundle price offer. Thanks.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
If you're cleaning out an entire woodworking shop, I would be interested in a complete set of hand planes--#4, #5 or 5 1/2, #6 low angle, #7, shoulder, rabbet, and low angle block plane. If a set is part of the woodworking shop, I would make a bundle price offer. Thanks.
Sorry but a set is not there.
Bob

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
What type is it? Mine is a type 6 but I would love to upgrade to a 15 or 16 to get the frog adjustment screw and larger wheel.

areevesnc

Aaron
Corporate Member
Scott,
I'm not knowledgeable about the types. What should I look for?
Bob
This resource is quite useful:

Based only on what I saw in the photos, I think this particular plane is a type 17, but I can’t be entirely sure of that.

Aaron

areevesnc

Aaron
Corporate Member
Having seen this now in person, this appears to be a type 16, rather than a 17. It’s in remarkably good condition. If I didn’t already have a No. 7, I’d have picked it up.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
And it was in terrific condition. Clearly used by a craftsman. "Use" nick in the blade so all I had to do was sharpen. I probably will refinish the knob and tote as it is about 80 plus years old. I just have a strong liking for type 16 Baileys as well as original Bedrocks. I think I will set up my type 9 for the shooting board and make my test number 5 814 back to a fore plane use.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Tidbit: It is actually a type 19 (1948-1961) by the flow chart due to the direction of the printing on the skew lever. So, post war, but still a good plane.
Don't know on the 7's, but there is a slight milling difference on #5 right where the frog "tongs" fit right behind the mouth. I believe the 16's were a narrow milling and the 19's larger. Not functional difference. A 17 would probably have had a painted handle and steel adjustment wheel. 18's diagonal knurling and painted handles.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS