Spring day neandering

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
It was just too nice Monday to spend time in the shop. I had some rough cut, "quarter round" cedar posts that needed a little smoothing so I grabbed a No. 6 and took to the yard. LOML saw how much fun I was having a snapped a photo. She also collected two bags of cedar shavings. :icon_thum

Neandering_day.jpg

Life is good, but I [strike]need[/strike] want a scrub plane :glasses9:
Roger

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Wear it out Roger!

Whatcha gonna do with those cedar posts?

Or is that just exercise? :dontknow:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wear it out Roger!

Whatcha gonna do with those cedar posts?

Or is that just exercise? :dontknow:

Fence for the garden is underway. No wascally wabbits and rudolph the reindeer eating my veggies this year :eusa_pray

I need one good flat face on two cedar post to attach the door/gate. Luckily my FIL had some rough cut cedar and I should have enough to make the door too :mrgreen:

Roger

Steve W

New User
Steve
Yeah, I was also wondering how the heck you're able to plane that in the Workmate, as I have to be really careful with much smaller stock than that to not push too hard or the whole thing tips over!:elvis:

:kermit: Steve

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks like a fun project Roger! And I'm glad Neandering referred to the tools, not your outfit....

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's making Cedar bed shavings the hard way...I get mine at the pet store :gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That's making Cedar bed shavings the hard way...I get mine at the pet store :gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

Dave:)

And they come in a big bag and all in one place. That is a nice looking piece of cedar.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
My Workmate like that had flip down legs 'til one broke off. Is that why you're stooping? :wink_smil I hafta admire the resolve of a man who'd use a hand plane when he's so close to a power outlet!

J

jeff...

It was just too nice Monday to spend time in the shop. I had some rough cut, "quarter round" cedar posts that needed a little smoothing so I grabbed a No. 6 and took to the yard. LOML saw how much fun I was having a snapped a photo. She also collected two bags of cedar shavings. :icon_thum

Neandering_day.jpg

Life is good, but I [strike]need[/strike] want a scrub plane :glasses9:
Roger

Hey Roger - looks like fun - tear it up man

BarryC

New User
Barry
I have a workmate just about like that but it comes up almost to my waist so thats gotta make you about 8' tall Roger and working on an 10"x10" post....

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I think Roger just stole that Workmate from DaveO's elves!! Good on ya' Roger. Gotta slow him down someway!:rolf::rolf:

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS