Space Saving Tool Flip Cart

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
This has been on my project list for a long time. My shop space is somewhat small, so any space savings is valuable. I watched this YouTube video from Fisher's Shop on how he designed and built his Flip Cart and I immediately bought the plans for it from him - only $5. What I loved is that it has a power strip in the flip top that all the tools plug into, and the power cord is fed through the axle so there's only one cord to plugin to the wall. I put it on some 2" dual locking casters, and mounted my planer on one side, and a disc/belt sander on the other. I'm thinking of putting some clamp storage on the sides as well.

Made from one sheet of Radiata Pine plywood ($35 at lowe's), and the drawer was made from some leftover 3/4 plywood I had lying around. The casters I got on amazon for $17 for a set of 4.

I didn't really take a lot of build pictures, but Fisher's Shop has a great video (link at bottom) on the build that compliments the plans nicely (and he has a great sense of humor).

Link to plans: Fisher's Flip Cart | Fisher's Shop

Fisher's Shop Build Video:

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Very nice and very practical. I built one years ago for my OSS and Planer...mine is a little different design, but similar in function (I wish I had installed a drawer).

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS