Small gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Unfortunately, or maybe that's fortunately, my 8 year old B&D ROS smoked last Friday night so I was forced to run down a replacement on real short notice. I didn't really have a lot of time to research but after a couple of hurried searches here I ended up with this.

Before:

Sander7.JPG

After:
Sander001.JPG

It's lighter and works much better than the old one and I don't think I paid much more for it than the B&D. Unfortunately I had to pay full price but, when you need it you need it.

Brian.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice looking sander. It should serve you well. And for posting the required pics: YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've got that same sander. I am very happy with it. But in the latest review in Wood magazine it didn't fair very well. Actually in their review the PC 290K rated better than Festool's ETS125. Milwaukee's 6021-21 rated as second best below the PC and at $70 it's a cheapy too :icon_thum

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the ETS125 and although it is a good sander, it isn't an aggressive or heavy sander so I can understand why it rated lower.

As for this Klingspor sander, I do not understand. That is top of the line IMO.

Congrats Brian!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I've got that same sander. I am very happy with it. But in the latest review in Wood magazine it didn't fair very well. Actually in their review the PC 290K rated better than Festool's ETS125. Milwaukee's 6021-21 rated as second best below the PC and at $70 it's a cheapy too :icon_thum

Dave:)

It appears the difference in quality has gotten a lot smaller. Any ROS in that $70 - $130 price range is at least decent, and a step up from the cheaper B&D units. Reviews are important since few of us have the ability to rate products side by side, but it's getting harder to figure out the difference between "good" and "better". Case in point - PWW did a review of hybrid table saws recently. Three reviewers, three favorites.

So a big YOU ROCK is in order!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS