Shop Swamp Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
500 feet, man that's deep.
My main well that I use for irragation is at 16 feet. However there is water at 9 feet and it is at this level that I am returning it to.
I washed one well and used a well auger for the second one. Pretty easy really.
But if I had to go 500 feet, I may not have be able to do it, unless I hired someone to drill it for me.

Yep, 500' and the water still sucks! Just spent $4K on a water treatment plant! Think what tools that could have bought?????

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
The cooling of this monster is great.
However it does not take out humidity. I was going just to let this go. I was so excited about it being that cool in my shop that I ignored it. Well the other day a buddy of mine mentioned about turning on the Ac unit just for a little while to take out the humidity, then turning it off.

Man it works great. The cooler is keeping the shop at about 76-78 degrees, with the doors cosed. then turning on the ac unit for about 1/2 hour taking the humidity out, really is cooling.

My next step is to do what someone else posted, will be to hook up a small sprinkler to the top of the shop ( Don't let the heat in). Infact now that I think about it. The water that I am returning to the ground, I might be able to tap into and run that water to the sprinkler head.:eusa_thin :icon_thum

alleng

New User
allen
i was wonderin if one of those large plastic tanks burried in the ground would work? that way the water could recirculate:eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS