Shop stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkW

New User
Mark
The site tells me it's been awhile since I've posted so I wanted to show what I've been up to.

Since I saw this post http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9313#poststop (notice the dual miter slot). I got to thinking about upgrading my table saw (since I did not see a nice new one in my immediate future) . Well I finally am almost finished with the upgrades and its time to show.

TableSaw.jpg

And since I was using sawhorses with ply for my assembly bench I went ahead and buit this to match.
Workbench.jpg

Now if I could only find some 1 inch self adhesive measuring tape, I would be set to go. I should be able to cut 64 in. to the right of the blade now.

Also have the makings for a new entertainment center up on the bench, but need about 100bf of red oak to complete (heh such is life)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I may have a 1" right to left tape I have no use for if you want it. Your tablesaw cabinet looks great!!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow Mike, that's a novel idea. Actually advancing projects instead of hanging out on the forum :eusa_thin

The cabinets and workbench look fabulous. Tell me more about the workbench. Did you use mortise and tenon for rails--pocket screws??? Assuming that is a hardboard shelf--does it have additional support underneath?

Sapwood

MarkW

New User
Mark
The bench is basically 2x4's that were squared off. I surfaced and joined 2 per leg so each leg is about 2 1/2 by 3 inches. I then just cut dados for the support crossmembers. The top is 3 sheets of 3/4 mdf glued and screwed underneath (very heavy)and it has 4 support's underneath. It's wrapped with pine also. It seems very solid so far but I haven't banged it around much.

I'll be honest, I did want to mortise the supports, but found that I needed much more practice ( or more tools !) so maybe next time.

I wish my floors were level enough for casters on all this stuff, but since they aren't I had to use home made leveling legs.

And Travis, would you happen to remember where you got the 1" tape. I have found alot up to 3/4 but 1" would work so much better.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You might try some on 3 wheels or having two wheels pivotable on a pin. FWW had a tablesaw stand in the tips section that would work on unlevel floors beautifully from the way it looked.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Mark that is simply outstanding!

Problem with posts like this is they make me realize I've got some more work to do that I just keep putting off!

Do you sit cross-legged on the floor to use the scroll saw? :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it looks like you have the scroll saw and planer secured to the ply so that they can be clamped down for use? or am I even close?

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mark, well done:icon_thum You will so much enjoy the increased TS table surface and reliable assembly table. I'm impressed!

Dave:)

MarkW

New User
Mark
Actually, I never seem to have desktop space so I built this.

multibench.jpg

Presently I have 3 tools mounted on tabletops that have a skirt to drop over the frame. It gives me a place to use these tools without a benchtop to clamp them and only takes up space for one on the wall.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Mark, Great looking upgrades for your TS.:icon_thum I like the your docking station idea for you planer, scroll saw and DT jig too. Thanks for posting those pix for us.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors