Shop database app

A simple app that would allow 2-3 photos for each entry and descriptions under each photo plus new/paid/sell values with a short general text box would be handy. When you say online database, would that be on a web site? I would prefer a simple app that is on my phone and does not rely on the web.
The data (pictures, etc) would live online. You could use a web browser to access or a phone app. Sounds like you want an offline only app, is that right?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Yes, offline so it is always available on my phone and I can back it up where ever I decide.
We have poor cell reception and even the wireless network in my home has weak spots.
There are times when I have no internet at all, especially in the shop.

jgt1942

John
User
I've just started to explore running Android apps on Windows 11. At this time I have just started thus I don't know much about what is really required. Because my project list is rather long and the priorities are always changing I don't expect to make a lot of headway very soon. Hopefully when the app runs on the PC and I used my phone to access the DB I and update either via my phone or tablet or PC. I much prefer using my PC mainly because I have dual 32" monitors on my PC and it is MUCH easier for me to do things on the PC than it is my phone or tablet.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I simply use excel, have all tool info like serial numbers, price paid, when purchased, photos of serial numbers, and no less than one photo per item. This is mainly for insurance purposes. Excel is simple enough to tailor to as much or as little info as you want to add.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS