Ryobi 6ah and 4ah battery set $99 at Home Depot

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
My HD in Hillsborough had a stash of 6ah and 4ah Ryobi 18v battery sets marked down in their clearance section for $99. There were about 3-4 left there.

1704061342246.png

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
For $109.98 I wound up with two 2AH batteries, a Drill Driver, an Impact (1/4") driver and one 4AH battery. Then, for $13, I bought a device that allows me to power up my (older) C-3 19.2AH tools (of which I have a complete set and several duplicates) and a charger.

Two Amp Hour, 4 amp Hour, what would I do w/o my charger.

And should anyone be interested in this approach and NOT have the entire C-3 line of 19.2VDC tools, there sits a box of them at the Habitat restore in Lenoir marked down to eighty bucks, but make 'em an offer!

Funny, a couple of months ago they broke into our house and stole my tools - one of which was a Craftsman 7.25 or 7.5" 120VAC "skillsaw' that I'd owned since 1970 +/- 6mo. Still in the original Blow Modeled case and worked like a charm.

These battery tools are marketed like Computer Operating Systems with the Licensor deciding when the hardware you (merely the Licensee) paid all the money for is no longer compatible with their system and will, thus, no longer be supported - even as it works fine from your perspective.

Definitely a mixed blessing these truly portable power tools

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
These battery tools are marketed like Computer Operating Systems with the Licensor deciding when the hardware you (merely the Licensee) paid all the money for is no longer compatible with their system and will, thus, no longer be supported - even as it works fine from your perspective.
Which is why I've stuck with Ryobi for most of my battery-powered tools. They've maintained the same battery configuration since I bought my first 18v drill set from them 25 years ago. They still worked fine when I gave my last blue Ryobi items to Bull City Woodshop a few months back.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I bought my first set from SEARS on Florida's East coast in 1980? We did get a home depot (where I bought my first chinese TS but I cannot recall Ryobi then) Since you can't hold a manufacturer to any promise not made in writing and executed by both parties - how could one be certain that a promise (if there ever was one) could be taken as gospel? Interestingly enough SEARS is pretty much a thing of the past. Funny, people have faith in so many things they'd be better-off treating skeptically.

MY POINT, however, was that the Craftsman deal provided the batteries (3), the Charger (1) and the tools (2) for nearly the same MONEY (109 + 13$) While offering salvation for those of us who trusted Mr Sears and Mr Roebuck like we've trusted GE dividends.

By the way, anyone interested in a pair of Craftsman 20VDC tool - no battery or charger included - just the open box, the two tools and the cute little tool bag thingy. Make me an Offa I can't refuse!

Last edited:

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I was checking to see if this offer was still available (it is), and I saw this ad for two Ryobi 6ah batteries:

1704300799013.png

In other words, instead of buying this set, if you were to buy two of the $99 sets, you'd get two 6ah batteries, two 4ah batteries, and have $31 in your pocket.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS