Retired contractor

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. Of all the tool and machine choices we make, dust collection might be the most difficult. Everyone has different wants, needs and opinions. Hopefully you can find some advice to help you with those challenges here.

peltona

Andrew
User
Welcome! Ah the quest for the perfect dust collection system. The perfect one is the one you choose. I went with the Harvey G700 for low noise and form factor and haven't regretted it at all. Good luck with your search.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to retirement and NCWW. Finishing a shop is only possible if you never buy another tool. New tools = shop remodeling.

Howie

Howie
Senior User
Retired in my early sixty's and now I am enjoying my newly built shop. Many things to consider regarding dust collection. Hope to be able to be 100% finished some day, but that might not be realistic.
Welcome, I bought a bunch of Spiral out of a small factory 5 to 20", elbows/gates/flex hose. I'm located south of Raleigh, let me know if can help. Figure cost 1/2 best retail price you find.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I probably have some 4" fittings if you have a list of needs.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome! This chart from Bill Pentz's Encyclopedia on dust collection may help with sizing your system:
Hobbyist Fan Table.jpg

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the world of sawdust creation. I am looking forward to hearing what you come up with for dust collection as I will be redesigning my dust collection when I do my shop addition.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS