Recruiting teams to help with tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
We talked about recruiting members to help out with board tasks. I want to encourage each of us to be empowered to recruit help. Not only will this provide some stress relief for us and better results to the specific task, but members will feel more ownership in the group. When an event is in a specific geographic region, let's recruit from members in that area. Just throwing out ideas of tasks this would be helpful:

1. The picnic is a great opportunity. Dennis might want someone to coordinate the food, grilling hotdogs/hamburgers, the swap and show and tell tables, helping Rob with final raffle ticket sales....

All the events lend themselves to recruiting help. It only makes sense to get folks in the Raleigh are to man the Klinspor show there, and ones in the Hickory area to man those. Of course others may volunteer to help which would be great.

Is there anyway to create and maintain a map that shows the geographic distribution of the membership? I'm thinking something like a pushpin map (computer version, of course). It would also be great to have a similar map for wood suppliers. We'd still want a listing of those, but It would be easier to know at a glance if there was a business in an area I might be driving through (for example). If these are feasible I will kick them to the help desk.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Last night at the Triad dinner I threw out some crumbs regarding volunteers needed for several site related activities.
I believe I failed at my attempt because I didn't have a prepared speech planned. Not that preparation is necessary but I was really in the "enjoy myself" frame of mind!

Can we discuss a Forum sub topic of "Volunteers Needed" or " We NEED You" " Giving Back" etc, and post there the various activities all of us need assistance with? Then when the occasion arises like the picnic for example Dennis can open a thread and direct people over to the Help wanted forum that will list what all needs to be done and maybe include a sign up sheet of sorts?

Forgive my ramblings but I'm thinking/writing out loud :)

M

McRabbet

I agree with both Cathy and Barbara -- a thread to ask for volunteers would be a good idea -- I just posted some ideas for improving participation by supporting the Member Hoghlight idea and also suggesting that we award prizes for members that bring items for display at woodworking events (March Woodworking Show, Picnics, Klingspor events, etc). After all, money is not an issue and this might spur more member retention and involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS