Raffle Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I would like to avoid what happened with the donation technical work. On the day it was expected, we had to figure out to setup the donation software.

Well clearly, it is soon to be time for a raffle. I have no idea how it is setup from a software and logistics POV. So how about some insight from those that do. Then we can set it up in advance. All input will be welcome.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well, it seems to be clear that people recognize this needs to be done. But I can tell you it won't if somebody doesn't step and tell us where to start. Tracy, Chad, Jim, Bas. Rob, ?????

I will tell you that I will not stay up all night for a couple of days, because I can't get the help we need NOW

At the very least tell us where to look.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Historically after Rob got the prize flyer ready Jim and Bass took over from there and got everything linked through authorize.net. Rob is just now gathering the prizes. They usually had everything ready in two days after Rob presented the prize flyer thread. They, Jim and Bas probably have the pages stored on the server that they basically changed the dates and such on.

Here are two threads I remember ob the subject.
Hope That Helps

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f84-programmers-forum/raffle-ticket-system-38396.html

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/...fle-ticket-system-technical-design-38397.html

M

McRabbet

As Tracy said, I am in the process of getting the prize pool together and I will put together the "Flyer", the Rules and a Mail-In Form in PDF format that are uploaded to the Download Library. We also produce a .JPG version of the flyer pages to post in the Announcement Thread. I plan to start the Raffle about April 16 -17 so we will have 4 full weeks to run it with final sales at the Picnic on May 19th. I should have it ready by April 12th, depending on vendor responses (I have been away from home since March 7th and return tomorrow, so I have not seen my mail). I know I have prizes from Lie-Nielsen, Easy Wood Tools, Craft Supplies USA and I am discussing options with Coleman Fourshee at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The payment software is up and running for buying raffle tickets, it's a matter of enabling the Raffle ticket "product" in the admin panel.
The manual solution I built previously automatically assigned raffle ticket numbers and e-mailed those to the buyers. I did not port that, because it's not so easy to hook this into the payment module I purchased.

Is the automatic generation/ mailing necessary? I can look into this if it's helpful, but I have very little time available the next couple of months. Excel could be used to generate/ e-mail the numbers too.

cskipper

Cathy
I'm not sure where these problems occurred, but I know that the ticket number generation was a bust last time and needs to work correctly before anything is announced.

The other thing I believe that Barbara needs is access to the authorize.net account. I'm not sure exactly what she needs ir if Tracy has gotten this information to her, but I know she has asked several times. This also needs to happen before anything about the raffle is announced.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I'm not sure where these problems occurred, but I know that the ticket number generation was a bust last time and needs to work correctly before anything is announced.

The other thing I believe that Barbara needs is access to the authorize.net account. I'm not sure exactly what she needs ir if Tracy has gotten this information to her, but I know she has asked several times. This also needs to happen before anything about the raffle is announced.

There is some confusion here in regards to authorize.net. Barbara has access to them. What is in question is Signa Pay. There is nor has ever been a login for them. They are simply the processing bank. I have asked them to supply that and was told that they did not have an area to log in to.

cskipper

Cathy
Why hasn't Barbara received any documentation of Signa pay account activity?

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
There is some confusion here in regards to authorize.net. Barbara has access to them. What is in question is Signa Pay. There is nor has ever been a login for them. They are simply the processing bank. I have asked them to supply that and was told that they did not have an area to log in to.
Tracy, are you saying that Signa Pay is NOT the place were the funds are deposited when a transaction is cleared. That would mean that Signa Pay automatically puts the money into one of our accounts for us?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Also, am I getting this right? The ticket numbers were being generated manually via the Quicken Accounting??

cskipper

Cathy
Also, am I getting this right? The ticket numbers were being generated manually via the Quicken Accounting??

Last time it was apparently both. Barbara was unaware that they were generated any other way than the Quickbooks or Quicken. Duplicates were issued and had to be corrected.

cskipper

Cathy
Tracy, are you saying that Signa Pay is NOT the place were the funds are deposited when a transaction is cleared. That would mean that Signa Pay automatically puts the money into one of our accounts for us?

This is from a message Tracy sent to Barbara earlier this year:
Authorize.net is the payment gateway: This is the first part of a three step process. They basically provide us with a tool to link our website to theirs to initialize the payment.

Parallel Solutions is the Merchant Account, They take the credit card information from Authorize.net and actually process the card. (Had we not wanted to do raffles we could have used authorize.net for both of these.)

Parallel Solutions then sends the information to Signa Pay which is the bank that deposits money in our account after payment is processed.

Somewhere PayPal also puts donations into our PayPal account- I think
Advertisers pay us through Merchant Services at Paypal - I think.

I'd love to see the both processes, donations and raffles, in a flowchart. I'd start one, but need more information on the connections.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors