Powermatic PM 701 Mortiser help needed

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I have the above mortiser and I'm trying to find one or two riser blocks for it. I was notified today that powermatic has temporarily discontinued the one that was listed. I have a project that requires additional clearance so 4" of rise is what I need. If anybody has one they are not using I would love to borrow it to copy it without disassembling my mortiser. If anybody can help I would sure appreciate it.

PhilErup

PhilErup
User
I've been in a similar spot before. When parts get discontinued, it's frustrating. You could try checking woodworking forums or asking in local woodworking groups for spare riser blocks or alternatives.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Doing exactly that and looking for a online tech drawing for dimensions to machine one cause I really need 4" of spacer block to clear my 7.75" wide rails.

Kinger

Mathew
User
Doing exactly that and looking for a online tech drawing for dimensions to machine one cause I really need 4" of spacer block to clear my 7.75" wide rails.
I've got a riser block for the 701 I'd be willing to lend out. Don't recall how much height it added, maybe 2-3". Where are you located?

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I've got a riser block for the 701 I'd be willing to lend out. Don't recall how much height it added, maybe 2-3". Where are you located?
I'm not sure if you saw my response but I am interested. I would pay shipping since you are up in Raleigh. I do get up there alot for State games if your anywhere close to the stadium area we could meet up.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS