Possible Outreach Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Where I work traditional woodworking is considered a STEM activity for students.
No telling where TWC draws the boundaries.

its a widely and variously used/abused term.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think there is some potential there...

Not sure since Science, Technology, Engineering and Math are not directly associated with the "Craft" aspect of our work, but... I would rather be told no than assume!

Mark - can you investigate further?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Mark.
Following is a piece that Scott Miller wrote for attracting advertisers - I thought it was good - maybe you can manipulate this and the other piece you lined to into something usable?

Our corporate mission is to promote and provide education, communication, and collaboration relative to the learning and the practice of the art of wood working.

Our website boasts over 6,000 registered users regionally focused in the Carolinas and neighboring states. Our members represent all skill levels across all woodworking disciplines. North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. is a §501(c) (3) non-profit corporation under the United States IRS rules.

In addition to our information web site and participation in area events have a Mobile Outreach program. We have equipped an enclosed trailer with tools, wood, and supplies sufficient to allow our volunteers to bring woodworking education or workshops to schools, community centers, retirement centers, disabled Vets and others. Recently we did an outreach event at a fire station and it was well attended. All the benches, lathes, scroll saws and stands adjust to wheelchair bound as well!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I think that says it all.Keep me posted Mark on what you come up with please. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS