PC-690, Bosch 1587

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Was in Carolina Pawn on south Saunders street today. They had two PC-690's. One was $49.99 and the other was $39.99. Also a Bosch 1587, with case for $49.99. With usual 20% off, cheaper 690 comes to a little under $35, and 1587 comes to less than $45. I hated to leave them there, but I do have limits. Actually, it's a matter of space, and already owning too many of each.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
What 20% off ? Is that for NCWW members?

Sounds very tempting
Most pawn shops have a written price, and then what they will take. Discounts are usually 20- 25% off sticker price. It varies according to time in shop, attitude of owner, and relationship with owner. Last week, I picked up a Bosch "Bull Dog" hammer drill and eight bits for $40, but I have know shop owner for almost 20 years. In Feb. of this year, at Carolina Pawn, I picked up a Millwaulkie right angle, 1/2" drill for $50. Also picked up a Delta mobile base for $120. Mobile base had a 10" Delta contractor's saw ( belt drive) on it for that price.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The cheaper 690 happens to look better. But looks aren't important, unless you are going to "worship" your tools. I buy um, to work um. Main thing is to fire it up and listen for noises. Remember that very few "pawn shop" tools come with wrenches.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
The cheaper 690 happens to look better. But looks aren't important, unless you are going to "worship" your tools. I buy um, to work um. Main thing is to fire it up and listen for noises. Remember that very few "pawn shop" tools come with wrenches.

Thanks,

I'll try to stop by and check out
Matt

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would like to have a couple more routers, but that is just too far for me. Would negate all the savings..... Oh well, now I am depressed. Need to check out the sales on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors