Outfeed for Sawstop Contractor Table Saw

fvd1313

New User
fvd1313
Setting up a new shop and want to change the current outfeed for my sawstop contractor table saw. When making miter cuts the motor rises where it currently hits outfeed table. Other than cutting out space in table or leaving a gap between outfeed and table saw I am lost on how to address. Didn’t know if anyone else has had this problem.

fvd1313

New User
fvd1313
i haven't found one that fits the contractor saw model. i have a rectangular outfeed that i have to pull away when doing miter cuts. I'm debating whether cutting space into it is the only solution

fvd1313

New User
fvd1313
You can't extend a 3/4" thick top between the table and saw over the motor?
unfortunately when the miter is at a full 45 degree the motor is too high. I'm sure if i moved the outfeed away from the saw and created an extension that avoids the motor that would work but i was hoping to do something less "patchwork"

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Would a longer belt lower the motor enough?

If so, a good excuse for buying the expensive link belt.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
unfortunately when the miter is at a full 45 degree the motor is too high. I'm sure if i moved the outfeed away from the saw and created an extension that avoids the motor that would work but i was hoping to do something less "patchwork"
Wow I'm really surprised at that. Would removing some material from the underside enable you span the gap between saw top and outfeed top?

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
The same thing happens with my Jet table saw. I always forget and when I get to about 40 degrees I'm wondering why it's so hard to get the blade to 45 degrees. It's because I'm lifting everything that's on the outfeed table at the time.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
How about an insert in the out feed table, similiar to the throat plate on your saw? Remove it when needed and otherwise leave it in place.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Move the outfeed table out for such cuts to clear the motor and drop it's height an 1/8 of an inch.

That's why you have adjustable legs on the outfeed table, right?

fvd1313

New User
fvd1313
Move the outfeed table out for such cuts to clear the motor and drop it's height an 1/8 of an inch.

That's why you have adjustable legs on the outfeed table, right?
unfortunately the outfeed is my work table with is 6 feet by 3 feet and stationary

fvd1313

New User
fvd1313
How about an insert in the out feed table, similiar to the throat plate on your saw? Remove it when needed and otherwise leave it in place.
might have to consider that. it is at times like this i wish i purchased the cabinet saw instead of the contractor

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors