Other changes in staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Some of you may have noticed that there have been a few changes in titles. We are in the process of changing some duties around with the goal of staying responsive and also making sure that I am not a single point of failure for the site. I won't go as far as Sapwood suggested, that I create a "trust fund" to pay the bills.:lol:

But you'll notice that I promoted myself to Webmaster/Owner:lol: But of more importance is that Monty is now a Webmaster and D L Ames is joining DaveO as a Senior Moderator. All of the moderators are staying on despite my defining the job much stringently, in terms of their time, and they have been joined by Jonz.

The whole administrative structure is being redefined. I or Monty will be making an announcement about that in the next few days.

Don't be surprised that we also ask for more staff members in certain areas. Don't volunteer yet. Wait until you see what we need and the conditions that will be attached to them.

Regardless of title, I will be focusing on Woodworking, posting about woodworking and starting to go thorough my long list of changes and enhancements that need actual code to be written.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would like to add to the roster of the fine staff this site has. We now are blessed by the presence of Sapwood as a Moderator of the Member's Announcement and Off Topic forums. Toolferone as a Moderator of the Power Tools and tool Reviews forums. And finally, Matt as a Moderator of the Woodturning forum (hoping to add another)
Thanks guys, your service and dedication to this site is highly appreciated :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I've prolly screwed up getting you assigned correctly, so let me or DL know if your have any problems/questions with the functions that you should be able to perform.
Thanks again :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Roger, Tom, Matt,..........welcome to the dark side.:lol: Seriously, thanks for signing on guys.:eusa_clap This site continues to get better everyday.

D L

DavidF

New User
David
Well done to all you good people that have gone the extra step to help manage this wonderful site:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
sapwood said:
Proud to serve and determined not to screw up anything :lol:

Roger
If you don't screw up something than your not really working at the job. Seriously.

If you and others worry too much about screwing up, nothing will get done. I learned this site by making mistakes at you guys expense, then I fixed it. BTW, I hold the record for screwups on this site. I'm hoping Monty will work real hard and catch up:lol:

FYI, Backups are done every night at 1:00 am

Travis

New User
Travis
This is the best most informitive web site I have ever used. (Seriously) Thanks for allowing me to be part of the community and to all of those who obviously put a ton of their personal time in to keep it up. I applaud your genrosity.:eusa_clap

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I know that Steve is the force behind this whole site but I also know that there are other moderators, adminsitrators, webmasters, and also some et ceteras :)lol:), that make this site work. I thank all of you for your work and your dedication.

The other thing that makes this site work is the membership... so many folks who pose or answer questions, make comments, offer bits of data found elsewhere in the Internet... that's why we all keep signing on... to read what gets posted. Thank you for participating in this and making woodworking better for all of us.

Ray

gsdoby

New User
Gary
Thanks to all of the staff for the work you do. I hope the changes lead to improvement of an already wonderful site.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
I can't speak for anyone else, but don't thank me - I don't know what I'm doing!:eusa_whis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS