OSS recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Possibly in the market for one, prolly a benchtop model.
Been looking at the Rigid, Delta Boss, and the Jet benchtop. Any recommendations?

Dave:)

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Dave,
One of the current wood mag's has a review of them. They picked the Ridgid as best value and best tool. You might want to check it out on your local news stand.
Rob

daclgr

New User
Clark
Dave,
I have the Ridgid and am very happy with it for my needs. As a belt sander it is lacking power and can be stalled easily if you force it however it will remove wood quickly. As a spindle sander it works great. The dust collector works well however it will not pickup every thing. I have had mine for about a year and a half and used it mostly on oak with no problems. It will also come with a life time warranty when registered on line which is always a plus. I have never had to deal with Ridgid on any warranty issues so I can't comment on how well they honoring their warranty.

T

toolferone

I am a huge fan of the Jet OSS. The design is an old Powermatic one and is built like a tank. You have a great range of spindle sizes starting at 1/4". Most of the light duty units (delta, ryobi, craftsman, girz) just don't have the guts to hold up. I think the bets setup is a OSS and a 12" disc. I have the Delta 12 disc and really want the Jet OSS.

Buy the way I know a store have a Jet sale, hint hint.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I've got both the Jet and the Rigid. My feelings are opposite Clarks, I use the Rigid in the belt sanding mode and use the Jet for spindle sanding. The only complaint I have with the Jet is dust collection. It does not do a very good job. I don't know if that is typical of all of them or not.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the Delta BOSS, and it is ok. At the show in Chantilly they had the Ridgid out and I liked it a lot. The fact that you can use a belt and make it oscillating is a plus. Tilting table, good vacuum hookup, and it seemed like a very well built and sturdy unit. I saw the review in FWW of it originally and thought it was a toy, but after seeing it, it is a nicely built machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors