non slamming hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Is this the type of hinge I need for a blanket chest? I have seen the type I am looking for, but for the life of me cannot remember where. The hinge I am looking for is sort of the type one would use for a toy box, the kind that would keep the lid from slamming shut. Also, will this hinge be enough to replace a more traditional type of hinge and rope/chain type of device to keep the lid from being flung open too far and cracking the wood? Am I making any sense at all? I sure feel like I am rambling right along.....

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'll have to second what Travis showed. I used them in tandem on an ottoman with a hinged lid, and the lid stays in just about any position you open it to.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

I'll have to second what Travis showed. I used them in tandem on an ottoman with a hinged lid, and the lid stays in just about any position you open it to.
Dave:)

The ones I seen while working in furniture stores had a little thumb screw on the side to adjust the tension. Lane seemed to have the best blanket chests most of them were cedar lined with good thick 1/2 ERC unlike the store bought ones today. If you need some ERC to line the blanket chest let me know, I got some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS