New to the NC Woodworkers forum and site from Western NC

JWH

New User
J
Hello everyone from Caldwell County and Western NC. I am new to the forum and the site. I have been a woodworker for almost all of my life since building my first bird house in cub scouts many years ago. I fell in love with transforming wood into something of use form or purpose. I guess you could say I quickly became a wood connoisseur and sawdust maker.

I found wood to be my outlet for the daily grind of stress and strife. Woodworking was so far from my profession that it allowed me to escape into my own small space of solace. I never had the courage to step into the professional woodworking arena but feel assured I would have been much happier everyday walking up to a machine to see raw materials become transformed into a wonderful piece of furniture, cabinet or other useful purpose.

I developed a love affair with the older more industrial style machines during my high school shop days. Since those early days I have been fortunate to acquire many of the most robust and fine woodworking machines from the "golden era" of US made machines. I have many Oliver, Northfield, Porter, Oakley, Yates-American, Whitney, Kindt Collins Master, Wysong-Miles along with Delta-Rockwell and Powermatic machines. These machines are as old as I am, and many are even older. They were the heart of many patternmakers' shops, cabinet makers and even furniture manufacturers.

I am now retired and hope to glean insight and inspiration from my fellow woodworkers in hopes of making more sawdust for many more years. Thank you all for letting me be part of the NC Woodworker forum and site. J

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome J, we are glad you found us - would LOVE to see some pictures of that "OLD ARN!" LOL

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors