Need for a cabinet maker

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I have a friend who knows a fellow who likes to rebuild old radios, like from the '20s and '30s or so. He would like to have a cabinet built for the radio chassis and I'm looking here to see if anyone is up to the challenge. This would be a fairly sizable cabinet to house the radio and speakers and would need to have louvers or vents for cooling the tubes. One of the members here may know of existing old radios so dimensions could be obtained. Any help would be appreciated.

Roy G

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I have an old radio my dad refurbished many years ago. It’s fairly plain, but if you need dimensions I can help you with that. Here’s some pictures.
IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0607.jpeg

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Great radio - thanks for sharing.
Do you know what the wire on the back panel is? Antenna? Resistor?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have a friend who knows a fellow who likes to rebuild old radios, like from the '20s and '30s or so. He would like to have a cabinet built for the radio chassis and I'm looking here to see if anyone is up to the challenge. This would be a fairly sizable cabinet to house the radio and speakers and would need to have louvers or vents for cooling the tubes. One of the members here may know of existing old radios so dimensions could be obtained. Any help would be appreciated.

Roy G
Is he looking for cheap or can he afford something nice? Art deco design? or more modern? If he's not in a great hurry I may be interested. As the developers always say... Will build to suit new tenant.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Mike, from what I gather he wants a good cabinet for the radio innards. I don't know if he wants it to look like a fancy Atwater Kent type or just a box with holes for knobs and speakers. I'll try to get more specifics and get back to you.

Roy G

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS