My Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannah01

New User
Joe
Hi. My name is Joe Hannah, I'm 36 and from Kernersville, NC. I've been a member here for a little while, but I am just getting around to really browsing the site.:)

I am a new-to-woodworking amateur. I'm doing some remodeling work on the house and have fallen under the woodworking spell. I haven't done many actual woodworking projects yet as I have been busy with other things, but I am working on a few items and my wife's list of projects is getting longer every day.8-O

Nice to meet all of you.

DavidF

New User
David
Hi Joe, nice to see you've "come out of the closet" and posted. Great bunch of people here. Welcome

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Greetings Joe!
I too am a beginnng woodworker and the others here are not helping me to curb my power tool purchasing urges, but they do have some fantastic advice! If you've been "lurking" for a while, then I don't have to tell you what a great community we have building here. Again, welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your home improvement projects!

clowman

Clay Lowman
And a wicked spell you have fallen under! Ah well, as far as hobbies go, you could definately do worse. Glad to have you. I look forward to getting to know you.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome, Joe. I like your avatar.

I too am a new woodworker. Some how I started about the same time as insomniac, but he gotten way ahead of me:crybaby2:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Glad to have you onboard! Might as well join in the discussions--we do have a wide range of talent. Or in my instance, lack of talent.

Enjoy,
Sapwood

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome Joe, I feel your pain. I too am remodelling a house so I divide my time between many types of projects. I have managed to work a couple of nice woodworking projects into the remodel and this is a great time to justify some essential tool purchases. "Sure honey, we could do that. It would cost about $1000 for a contractor but I can do that for about $300 in materials (oh and about $1200 in tools :lol: ). As others have said, you'll find all different skill levels hereand it's a great place to learn.

Steve D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, and it's nice to meet you too. The honey-do list never ends, especially when you start making her things that she can use or give as gifts. I'm booked up to '08 with her "can you make this so I can give it at a wedding, etc" requests. I look forward to your input around here. Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Hey, the honey-do list never gets shorter - mine or his! We too are remodeling - have been doing so for years. DH has had to work in last few years so we've only had weekends. But then you get home and have to decide - work on the house or work (play) in the shop. By the "years" comment above you can guess which usually wins! Welcome and enjoy the boards. There are a lot of great folks and amazing talent in this group!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Joe. Nice area up there. Had an uncle that lived down the rd there in Walkertown. Glad to see you got bit by the wood bug. Happy sawdusting:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS