More on .COM Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Where do we stand on setting up this site? Well, first let me refresh your memories.
First, what kind of site would it be? Well, mostly it would be a place for you to either display items for sale and/or display samples to drum up business. The site would not be a part of the actual sale. The site would provide a "secure" means for buyers and sellers to conduct their business. The actual taking of orders and shipping of items would between the buyer and seller. Transfer of money would also be done this way, but it might be possible for the site to help in this too.

What will I do to get this stared?
  • I will get the site set up.
  • I will act webmaster.
  • I will act as site designer or get one as I see fit.
  • I will act as treasurer.
  • I will make the rules, at least in the beginning.
  • I will keep it going until and if the group wishes to take it over, much like I have done with this site.
  • I will create the legal framework to operate the site (and ncwoodworker.net and woodworking-galleries.com)
So what's the catch? Money of course:shocked7fl: :slap: :lol:

What's the money for? To pay for ADVERTISING. Without it, we might as well not start:yes4lo: No one will ever find the site, much less buy from it, if they don't know about it:BangHead: :eyeslam:

So the question that was raised before was where does the money come from? The answer was commisions. For a variety of reasons that will not work. So I propose that this be done by paying dues. Not by our membership, but by those members who wish to use the new site to sell their wares. One month's dues buys you one month of selling on the site. It also buys you the right to participate in the decision making process. In fact, before the site is up, that is all it will buy.:lol:

I've been watching the poll that was attached on possible dues. FRankly the results of that poll will be the basis of whether or not I will even start the work. At this point NO. I figure that we need an advertising budget of at least $300/month and the poll shows we are not even close.:sad9cd:

This is how it works out right now:

the best we can do is $180 a month:yes4lo: and that just isn't enough. So if you haven't used the poll because it appears that the dues amount is going to end up somewhere, where you would use it and therefore didn't bother, please put your vote in SOON. I'm not sure when I will close the poll but if we can't get a commitment for more people and/or more money, then I will just drop the matter.

Here's the Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS