Military flag and medals display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
I built this flag case a couple of years ago for my fathers casket flag. He was in the Army for 27 years. I have just added this matching display for his medals.

attachment.php
attachment.php

IMG_04904.jpg
IMG_04934.jpg

The cases are bloodwood with maple faces. The finish is shellac.
I got a complete new set of his medals by requesting them from the Army. Most of these were awarded in WWII for campaigns in the Pacific and in Europe.

Attachments

• IMG_3697.JPG
    IMG_3697.JPG
    668.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nicely put together Tim. I know when I requested medals for my Dad, it took nearly 11 months for the paperwork to be processed and medals shipped to me. Congrats on hanging in there for the process.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great way to follow up on the flag case. For those that don't remember Tim hosted a workshop and helped several of us make our own flag cases based on what he learned doing his. It was a great workshop. My mom was very appreciative of the gifted one that I made. I learned a lot from that workshop.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thank you for your kind words guys.
You can see that photography is not my other hobby. Can someone tell me how to rotate the last two pictures?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tim,
the short answer is to copy the photos to your PC, edit and rotate there, and then upload into the post. This is a problem that has had many comments lately, and should be fixed in the new software that will be running the NCWW site.

An admin may provide further details, only going by what I have read previously.

If you use an actual digital camera instead of a cell phone, the issue is not present as most do not contain the gyroscope to document the phone orientation metadata that is embedded into the photo.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nice, a great way to honor your father and his service to our country.

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User
Wow is right! Silver Star (Gallantry in action against an enemy of the US). Given only to a chosen few. Really a nice display and a tribute to your father and others who served. Great of you to do this wonderful display. I am sure you are proud of your dad, and you should be! I salute you...

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you for your kind words guys.
You can see that photography is not my other hobby. Can someone tell me how to rotate the last two pictures?

Tim,
I REALLY like the flag and medals display!
I fixed the pictures for you - I simply copied your pictures and opened them in MS Paint and rotated them 90 deg., saved them to the gallery and added them as pictures.
I usually upload photos and review them before I post so I can manipulate the ones that show up rotated before I am in the middle of a post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS