Map of Members - Frapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
A while ago, insomniac created a frapper map of our members. And there are currently about 120 members who have put themselves on it.

When it was first done, I thought it was great and was going to embed it into our pages. But then I thought better of it, legal issues, etc. But today while looking for something, I discovered that Google is not only encouraging us to embed the map, but has designed a formal interface for for it.

So I have taken advantage of this and the ncwoodworker frapper map is now included in its own page on ncwoodworker. It is also in the more pages box on the left

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
cskipper said:
Cool! Maybe we can get more folks on it now. How many members are relatively active?
The current definiton is logging in once a month. then its almost 250.

FYI, if a member hasn't logged in 90 days, they are deleted from the system

Monty

New User
Monty
Cool! :icon_thum The aspect ratio is a little screwy, though... or maybe it's just me... :jealous:

EDIT: Oh! I see what it is... the center point is just a little too far north, and the southern tip of NC gets cut off... I'll fix that.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, it looks like you just need to set the map about maybe 100 pixels taller.

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Good work folks! I LIKE IT :mrgreen:

The members in south central and northeastern NC need to get on the map. We know you're there :eusa_naug

Any way we can get a special balloon for Elizabeth City area? They make real dirgibles there ya know.

Sapwood

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I have found that you have to refresh the screen a few times to get some of the balloons to appear. This also happened before it was linked to the NCW site.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
insomniac said:
Cool! :icon_thum The aspect ratio is a little screwy, though... or maybe it's just me... :jealous:

EDIT: Oh! I see what it is... the center point is just a little too far north, and the southern tip of NC gets cut off... I'll fix that.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, it looks like you just need to set the map about maybe 100 pixels taller.
How's it now? I made it bigger and recentered here to the same coords you have the main site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS