MAJOR miter saw station improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I have been making a miter saw stand/station. here is a before picture.

Miter_saw_station_002.jpg

Now here is the new improved version.

dewalt_003.jpg

DW716 for a real steal. I was in Lowes Hardware and they had one marked for 299.00 instead of 399.00 I took it up front and she ran it and it came up 299. Afetr i left she called a manager to check it and I am going to guess change the price.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Nice upgrade. I have the same saw. You'll love it.
But now it looks like the top has to be adjusted for the new saw height.

PS. Nice stealth gloat too!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice upgrade. I have the same saw. You'll love it.
But now it looks like the top has to be adjusted for the new saw height.

PS. Nice stealth gloat too!

The same here. I'll have to say that gloat was as stealth as it comes. Right before I decided to send you a PM letting you know that you didn't post the picture of the upgraded station (I was looking for drawers, face frames and all that fun stuff), I looked again and saw your new saw :eusa_doh:
Grats!!!

Dave:)

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus
Thats the way to update a miter station! Screw face frames and drawers just slap a new saw on there! Way to go man. By the way YOU SUCK!

mcoston2

New User
michael
Congrats.....:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
And " yep you suck ".....:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
You will really be happy you made that change in station design. As for the stealth gloat - well, you know.

Glennbear

Glenn
The same here. I'll have to say that gloat was as stealth as it comes. Right before I decided to send you a PM letting you know that you didn't post the picture of the upgraded station (I was looking for drawers, face frames and all that fun stuff), I looked again and saw your new saw :eusa_doh:
Grats!!!

Dave:)

I am glad to see I was not the only one to not catch the upgrade on first glance. Congratulations on the new saw, that price really SUCKS but the Dewalt yellow coordinates better with the Minwax cans on the shelf :eusa_clap

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very nice gloat!

How deep is your cabinet/top for the saw set up? I have an older Dewalt saw, but it seems to stick out further than yours does.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Very nice gloat!

How deep is your cabinet/top for the saw set up? I have an older Dewalt saw, but it seems to stick out further than yours does.

I made mine 24 inches. I wish I had done it more but I did the entire cabinet from scrap and thats what I had wsa 24 inches. The saw handle/lock sticks out a little bit but thats ok with me. I dont have alot of room for a dust collection the way it is now. I think I can do it but it will be more work to make it happen.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I had the day off from Landscapeing so I made some drawers and installed them. And got the Saw level with the side tables. I am still going to do the same on the other side and then put Plywood ffronts on them so it will look like one piece of wood.

Miter_saw_station_2-14-08_003.jpg

Miter_saw_station_2-14-08_001.jpg

J

jeff...

I got that same saw, actually it's my second one. The screws froze up on me that that hold that miter plate in place. While trying to tweak it so it would cut dead on 45's I broke one the screws off. It's a aluminum base, I tried to get the screw out with a tiny easy out and messed up the base, so I just bought a new saw. I took all the screws out of the new one and put anti-seize on them. I really like the saw and you did a great job making a station for it, I'm sure it will serve you well...

Glennbear

Glenn
that anti Seize is a great idea. I'm gonna do that. Thanks Jeff.
Making a note here to pick up antiseize when I go into town later to pick up my new DP :wwink: Broken screws are one of life's greatest pains, right near the top of the list with the "I know my own shop and don't need to turn on a light " stubbed toe.:5eek:

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Great upgrade Jon! :eusa_clap and major stealth suckitude for the most excellent stealth gloat! :jealous:

Like DaveO, I keep looking at the pictures trying to find the difference and finally had to read <gasp> to figure it out. :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS