Looking For A Folding Ruler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I'm about ready to give up, dang-it.
I'm wanting a 6' folding rule, inside read with brass extension, preferably not white. I had one that was Dad's, but it was taken in a fire several years ago.
I've found plenty of inside reads but the only one's I find with extension are outside read.:BangHead:
Please help, even if it's to tell me they don't exist.:crybaby2:
thanks
ken

newtonc

New User
jak
I only use wooden folding rulers.Grew up using them and would settle for nothing else.Have a bunch.
And I beleive I have the one you are refering to.
It's yellow with brass extension.It's marked, Craftsman Extension Rule 3931.One of the few things Craftsman I would ever endorse.
I did a very quick google search of it and didn't find anything on it.
I have had it at least 10 years,probably more like 15 or so.So I don't know if they make them anymore.
Good luck finding one.If you do come up with one, let me know.
It would be helpful to have a spare tucked away now that I know they may be hard to come by.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I've got an old one with brass extension I don't use (somewhere - I'll have to search a bit) but don't know if it's inside or outside read. How do tell the difference?

pete

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Thanks guys. I finally found on by Starrett, #SX40F, inside read with brass extension. Hartville Tools has them. I'd seem them there but the pic wasn't clear on if it was inside or outside read. Found the right number on Starrett's site.
Pete, an inside read lets the unfolded portion of the rule lay flat instead of being up in the air.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I'm about ready to give up, dang-it.
I'm wanting a 6' folding rule, inside read with brass extension, preferably not white. I had one that was Dad's, but it was taken in a fire several years ago.
I've found plenty of inside reads but the only one's I find with extension are outside read.:BangHead:
Please help, even if it's to tell me they don't exist.:crybaby2:
thanks
ken

Most folding rules I have had were made by Lufkin---------did you try to find their site?

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors