Laser Guided Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Some folks like lasers, some don't. Some folks find that they can work with greater accuracy if they have a tool that provides a laser line to aim their cut.

I was in Harbor Freight yesterday and found a terrific offering in the 'laser-guided-cutting-tool' department. It is a... with a laser on the handle... you better sit down first... pair of scissors.

Ray

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Some folks like lasers, some don't. Some folks find that they can work with greater accuracy if they have a tool that provides a laser line to aim their cut.

I was in Harbor Freight yesterday and found a terrific offering in the 'laser-guided-cutting-tool' department. It is a... with a laser on the handle... you better sit down first... pair of scissors.

Ray

I saw them in a HF ad and showed it to my wife, She thought it was a good idea:rotflm:. I've got to keep her away from HF and infomercials:icon_scra.

Jimmy:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
95566.gif

Now ain't that just handy, and only $9.99 batteries included (with a charge optional).

Dave:)

Glennbear

Glenn
I was in HF today, and noticed that these and the router bit sets were "after" the registers. Must cut down pn impulse purchases :gar-La;

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I saw something about those a few months ago. I can understand having a laser on something that is designed to cut straight, like a miter or circular saw, but scissors? If you can't cut a straight line with scissors, you probably need some help. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Trent

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I saw something about those a few months ago. I can understand having a laser on something that is designed to cut straight, like a miter or circular saw, but scissors? If you can't cut a straight line with scissors, you probably need some help. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Trent

Hey, my 4 year old has problems with straight line cutting. Is there a support group?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Hey, my 4 year old has problems with straight line cutting. Is there a support group?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oops, sorry Dave. I meant, for grown ups.:slap: As for a support group, that would be a fun ww'ing class/demo. "How to cut a straight line with scissors." :rotflm:

Trent

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's actually not a bad idea! If you've ever tried cutting a straight line on something you can't put a mark on, it would help you get there. I just don't think much of the source with all the comments on here thus far on other threads about dead batteries in new tools. Got an auto darkening welding helmet from them some time back. It didn't work.......ouch! :realmad: Like finding out the airbag in you car is a dud - only one way to know & it'll hurt if it is.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
The older I get, the more I appreciate those "little things" like a nice sharp, red line across the board I'm getting ready to cut. I've been known to miss a pencil mark and that causes problems later on. :nah:

I also like the light on the PS-20 Bosch Drill Driver.

jm2cw

Have a great Sunday!

:wwink:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Got an auto darkening welding helmet from them some time back. It didn't work.......ouch! :realmad: Like finding out the airbag in you car is a dud - only one way to know & it'll hurt if it is.

Dennis,

I'll bet that hurt, I've been looking at those helmets for a while and have been scared to buy the cheap ones, now I won't.

Jimmy:)

cskipper

Cathy
Oops, sorry Dave. I meant, for grown ups.:slap: As for a support group, that would be a fun WWing class/demo. "How to cut a straight line with scissors." :rotflm:

Trent

I feel obiged to inform you that there is (or at least should be) an adult class for cutting straight lines with scissors, especially since you are usually cutting without any point of reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors