Ken
Senior User

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is AWESOME Ken!
How much notice do you need to schedule?
(I don't always know my "Free time" when I am in NC...)

But, I would like to visit and see a demo...

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
That is AWESOME Ken!
How much notice do you need to schedule?
(I don't always know my "Free time" when I am in NC...)

But, I would like to visit and see a demo...
We have posted hours on the xTool Demo room web site Demo Room Host - Hillsborough, NC - Cheryl & Ken Serdar.
Just click the book now box for dates and times.

Capture.JPG

As it states - most evening and weekends, we are in the studio. Email or call for something outside posted hours.

iclark

Ivan
User
Congratulations!

It has been a few decades since I looked into CO2 laser technology. What is the MTBF like for commercial CO2 lasers these days?

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Congratulations!

It has been a few decades since I looked into CO2 laser technology. What is the MTBF like for commercial CO2 lasers these days?
Found on the web -
Usually, tubes have the life-time declared by their manufacturers. It’s something around 1,000 – 10,000 hours. It is less than a diode or a solid-state laser.

The main problem lies in the fact that in many cases the declared lifetime is much less in reality, or the power drops critically after the machine has been in use during 50-70% of the declared lifetime period.
It is important to bear in mind that the durability of the laser tube depends on its correct operation.

The operation temperature (18-22ºC) is of paramount importance. At 30ºC or higher, the tube durability decreases by 40-50%.

With hobby use, you could get the declared 8-10 years.
I feel that if you get 2-3 years, you did well.

I have had 2 machines fail at just over 1 year. Neither was due to laser tube issues.
At 6 months into the life of my largest laser. I had to replaced the tube and power supply. Source of the problem was a faulty switch. Since my tube and power supply had been running constantly for about 6 months and was really losing output power. The manufacturer replaced both for free. It took 2 tries for them to get me the correct switch.

Plus I think the operational temperatures have changed.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS