Is It Just Me? - CMS Clamp Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Have I not been looking in th right place? I see (and have one) CMS's with the clamp that mounts on the front and tightens from the front and I've seen those with clamps on the top that tighten from the top. I have not seen a CMS with the option that will clamp from the front and/or the top. I find that there are times I want to clamp from one direction or the other. I currently have some pieces that I want to clamp from the top (the front edge is not flat nor at a right angle to the bottom to engage a front clamp). My only option is to try to hold it with my hand and I don't think my fingers are that strong. Why can't CMS manufacturers give you two clamps, one for the front and one for the top?

George

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
george, on mine, the Delta equivalent of the PC3200LL, I don't have the accessory clamps, but I have found that there are enough surfaces to clamp to with some inexpensive F-style clamps, whether through the table, or to the fence. limitation is that smaller pieces may not work that well...

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That is the reason I did not purchase the accessory clamps. Too limiting. I agree with Pete and try to just use F clamps.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Wouldn't it be great if the companies would build in some "t" track so a person could just slide a DeStaco type clamp into place and flip it closed as needed. I guess this is workable, haven't really given it a lot of thought, it just popped up in my "minds eye" :lol::lol:

Seriously, if I had some way to quickly, tightly clamp my pieces, I would certainly use it and feel much safer. In the real world, if it isn't fast, it isn't used which is unfortunate and most times unsafe.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS