Intro from Greensboro

Kerrbuggs1

New User
Kenny
Hello, I've actually been registered for a few months now, but haven't formally introduced myself. I was introduced to woodworking as a child, in that my father was a carpenter by trade, and also in his spare time worked on small projects, such as the family swing or the occasional end table. I learned a few skills from him, but one thing I am really interested in learning more about are joinery techniques, especially dovetail and mortise and tenon.
Looking forward to seeing everyone's work here!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Kenny!
We are glad you found NCWW.
As I tell everyone - you will get out of it what you put in - ask questions, answer ones if you can. if you simply sit back an "listen" (lurk) it is likely you will not see the forum for its intention and what you really want to get out of it.
I think there are a number of good teachers on the site for various learning opportunites, but I enjoy working with @Mike Davis or Richard @Graywolf for "down-loading" into my pea-brain their hand-tool skills that they have learned through the years and are willing to share! Of course, in our current climate, it can be problematic, but some people (like Mike) are offering some one-on-one learning.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Kenny. From your screen name it sounds like you spend some time up of Kerr Lake. I have fished there many times. I am located up on Gaston near the Easton Ferry bridge.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Kenny, you’ll enjoy it here. If you have any questions please ask.

Kerrbuggs1

New User
Kenny
Welcome Kenny. From your screen name it sounds like you spend some time up of Kerr Lake. I have fished there many times. I am located up on Gaston near the Easton Ferry bridge.
Scott, yes, I actually grew up in Boydton, VA about a couple of miles from the lake. Did a ton of fishing and swimming there.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome Kenny, you're certainly in the right place to learn more about joinery techniques, there are some real talented folks around here.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS