Intermediate and advanced woodworking topics at Sawtooth

JosieAtSawtooth

Josie
Senior User
Hi All,

Just wanting to share some classes on the schedule this spring at Sawtooth. These are classes that deal with more advanced skills and niche topics, and can often seem obscure to the majority of the students we serve, but I thought I might find some interested woodworkers here. Happy to chat if you have any questions about our classes! - J

Vacuum Press with Phil Fuentes - The Vacuum bag system is incredibly useful in a small shop situation. It's a versatile tool that can be employed in veneering, marquetry, bent forms and more.
Cove cuts on the table saw and working with veneer - with Kim Gondring. This decorative Sofa table project has tapered legs and an elegant cove cut edge around the table top.
Bow Making with Dane Snodgrass - Craft a working hunting bow that doubles as a work of art.
Arrow making with Dane Snodgrass - This workshop follows up Dane's bow making class and gives students an opportunity to make some arrows to use with their bow.
Krenov Planes with Phil Fuentes - construct and shape your own hand plane in the style of acclaimed cabinet maker James Krenov. I am actually enrolled in this class at the moment and am really looking forward to finishing up with a hand plane I made myself!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You may want to look through some of the workshops our members did over the years to get an idea of some classes our members like.

Especially the advanced classes Phil Soper hosted with various instructors.

JosieAtSawtooth

Josie
Senior User
Hi Mike,

I'been looking back in time through this forum and there are plenty of great classes! Hope Sawtooth can make contributions too!

best,
Josie

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Was looking over the site to see what came with a membership. Any other benefits or just reduced class prices and 10% off at the gift shop.

Looks like Open Studio, and Access Pass are extra's but didnt see anything about what they are and how much they are.

– Reduced member tuition rate on classes, camps, and workshops. Excluding Taste of Art Classes, Visiting Artist Workshops, Open Studio, and Access Pass.
– 10% off in The Sawtooth Gift Shop
– Twelve months of membership benefits, one annual fee!

JosieAtSawtooth

Josie
Senior User
Was looking over the site to see what came with a membership. Any other benefits or just reduced class prices and 10% off at the gift shop.

Looks like Open Studio, and Access Pass are extra's but didnt see anything about what they are and how much they are.

– Reduced member tuition rate on classes, camps, and workshops. Excluding Taste of Art Classes, Visiting Artist Workshops, Open Studio, and Access Pass.
– 10% off in The Sawtooth Gift Shop
– Twelve months of membership benefits, one annual fee!
Hi Steve,

The membership is applicable to all of Sawtooth, and the wood department is one of of ten craft mediums we teach here (ceramics, jewelry, painting and more) which is why the membership doesn't apply in any specific way to the wood studio other than the discount on class tuition. If you are looking for more info on how open studio works, here is a link that describes the scale of pricing for single day, one month, or three month access. The cost is close to $10 per hour, but adjusts to a better deal for the three month option.

Open studio hours are from 5 pm - 8 pm on Mondays. We do this rather than have an all hours open studio because the studio is typically scheduled for specific classes.

Happy to answer any questions I can!
-Josie

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors