Interesting Gate Leg Table Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnable

New User
Andrew
My Daughter and I worked on a design for a small gate leg table over Christmas. The table is almost complete. I will let the pictures do the talking... Here is the table more or less ready for finishing:

IMG_4150 (Edited).jpgIMG_4148 (Edited).jpg

Here are some sub-assemblies:
IMG_4126.jpg
The false apron acts as a stop for the swinging gate leg. (And finally used by kreg jig for something!)

IMG_4074.jpg
Yes - that is an oriental rug behind my table saw. Very comfortable on the feet. I like it better than the foam mat.
IMG_4065.jpg
IMG_4097.jpg

I should have it finished shortly and then I need to pack it up and ship it to my daughter in NY city!

Andrew

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Very nice.
Is that your original design?
I'm looking for to seeing the finished product, and hearing the finishing details.

Henry

schnable

New User
Andrew
Very nice.
Is that your original design?
I'm looking for to seeing the finished product, and hearing the finishing details.

Henry

I had seen a few x braced gate legs in image searches - but I didn't like the stretcher design at all. So this is pretty much a new take on things.

I used an oil finish and I am following up with a wiping varnish (50/50 split of oil-based poly and mineral spirits). This is going to be a kitchen table so I wanted good protection from water.

Andrew

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Very nice Andrew. What a great Father/Daughter project! A thing to be cherished forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors