Inlaying with Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Been playing witha little Flat work and using a White side Router inlay system.
I was wondering if there are any other manuacterers that make a similar system but use more than one "bushing". In other words using just one template being able to put 2 inlays in a piece of wood, one inside the other.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Good question, I don't know but it would be a good idea. I have toyed around with the idea of inlaying one piece of wood with one template, then using another template to inlay another piece into the original...sort of cheater marquetry.
Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have a different set than the whiteside and have I believe 4 different sizes. You could probably make it work that way. I haven't seen one to do multiple inlays though.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Maybe I misunderstand but can't you just do the first outside/larger inlay; let that set up and then go back and do the second inlay?

pete

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That method can definitely be done, but if the same template was used with a larger guide bushing you would have much more consistency. For example, making a bullseye inlay pattern, using the same circle template would ensure consistently concentric circle.
Just thinking out loud :-D

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors