Ideas - for a charity auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I am looking for ideas for projects to make for a fund raising silent auction - this is for the youth mission trip at church. The price ranges I have seen in the past are from $25 up to several hundred or a thousand dollars for 'weekends at the beach'. I might expect the items I make to sell in the $40-150 range; the cutting board I did last time sold for $75.

My own time limitations mean that I am not going to produce a major furniture piece. I am thinking something 'smaller than a breadbox...' but of course attractive and highly saleable. I do not have a lathe, so this needs to be flatwork.

I have thought of things like a doll cradle, cutting board, coasters or hotplates (to hold hot casserole dishes and protect the table), and small picture frames; I may do one or more of these.

What other ideas or categories can you suggest?

Thanks
Henry

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Maybe a bed for dolls or a bookcase type doll house. I am thinking stuff for kids that you might get away with painting.

sapwood

New User
Roger
mshel (Mike) had a nifty adjustable hot pot holder he brought to the Spring '06 Picnic. It was a big hit with LOML and others and appeared simple to make. However, I've looked through his photo gallery and have not been able to find a pix.

Anyone remember it? Do you have a photo Mike?

hth,
Roger

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I donated one of these to the SPCA "Fur Ball". Pretty quick and simple to make. All you need is a some scrap wood, scroll saw, drill and glue. (lease not included).

toc_LeashHolder.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I donated one of these to the SPCA "Fur Ball". Pretty quick and simple to make. All you need is a some scrap wood, scroll saw, drill and glue. (lease not included).

toc_LeashHolder.jpg

Don't forget TALENT :-D

That's really sharp :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS