I went, I saw, I wasn't impressed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I met some N. VA buddies at the Wood Works show in Richmond today. A really small venue and even smaller show, unlike the much larger Woodworking Shows. The only big tool manufacturer represented was Jet/Powermatic. No Dewalt/Delta/Porter Cable, General, Minimax, Sawstop, etc. The usuall smaller exhibitors, like WoodPeckers, Tormek, Leigh jigs, etc. weren't there either. Not one DC vendor. No Woodworker's Supply, Peach Tree, suppliers !!!!! There was a small Woodcraft booth hawking their magazine. Just a really small show. No new and exciting jigs, widgets, or tools. Even so, my buddies managed to drop of few bills(dreaded "Woodguy disease"? Affects Yankees also). The one thing I wanted (6", 6 hole, H&L pads for my Dynbrade air sanders weren't available even though there was a small vendor seller a limited selection of Dynabrade sanders. I walked out with my wallet intact and a (free) Lee Valley catalog in my bag. Lee Valley had a small booth with a small selection of their planes, etc. The highlight for me was watching Frank Klausz quickly and effortlessly make some hand cut dovetails on his beautiful WW bench. I guess I'll have to make the trip north to the Timmonium, MD or Dulles, VA show next year (and combine that with a visit with my son and daughter in DC) or just stay in NC and go to the (surprisingly equi-distant for me) Woodworking Show in Charlotte instead.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Charlotte is back on the schedule for March 7-9

The Woodworking Shows

shows.jpg

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Thanks, Alan, for posting that, I got distracted from searching for it earlier. Can't wait until the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS