HVLP Sprayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
I have the HF version. Seems to work ok. I have not used it for anything other than spraying some thinned down latex , but have been pleased with those results. It can get a little spotty if the nozzle isn't kept clean.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I was looking at the same thing, and wondering the same thing. It could be a good starter set-up for someone wanting to give spraying a try...like me :-D
I look forward to any other thoughts on this product.

Dave:)

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Since my Habitat for Humanity Powermatic lathe idea fell flat, how about a Habitat for Humanity HVLP spray gun?

Nativespec

New User
David
It is a piece of dog doo. It is a waste of time-buy a good one. I have an Appollo, if you do not want to spend the bigger money, buy the Porter Cable that attaches to an air compressor (you will get a lot of bounce back).

The $80 sprayer works, it just does not work well-I took mine back-it clogged up right away (the plastic and metal combination does not go together well).

JohnW

New User
John
I just went through the HVLP "research" stage about 6 months ago. Didn't end up with the model you asked about but will offer an alternative that is working well for me.

I already own a small compressor...good quality dual tank but only 4 gallon capacity. This is a bit small for a full sized HVLP gun but plenty big enough for a small detail gun. (auto folks call them bumper guns). So I bought a Devilbiss SRi-W (attached) and use it with the small compressor. It's an HVLP gun & "set up" for woodworking... meaning it comes with 2 tip sizes & a larger 8 oz cup appropriate for typical WW finishes) I can adjust the spray pattern fan from 1" out to about 8" which is plenty for the small to medium type of projects I do. The results are impressive and I'm very satified with the choice.

So if you already have a small portable compressor, a detail gun works very well with them. If you are doing large cabinets or production work...you need a larger capacity gun/compressor.

Attachments

• DeVilbiss_SRI631.pdf
    193.1 KB · Views: 198

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
How much for that DeVilbiss? They are a premium name when it comes to spraying.

Go

JohnW

New User
John
This model cost ~$ 230.00. It's a premium gun, made in USA and should last my lifetime. Less expensive guns can perform very well but may not last.

-John

woodydiver

New User
curt
hello clark,
i just got the vaper 4 pc hvlp gun kit. i havent had the chance to use them yet but ill let you know.
curt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS