How to center a cabinet in a window opening in eCabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Thanks for doing these videos, Scott. It's interesting to me to see how other drawing programs work.

In SketchUp, you could just select the cabinet component at its midpoint and move it over using inferencing to center it under the window or over the drain pipe. No need to be figuring out dimensions or typing formulas, Can you do that in eCabinets?

Scott Marshburn

New User
Scott
Hi Dave.
No you cannot currently do this in eCabinets. You cannot select the geometry for the cutout in elevation view only in the edit wall view. You cannot place cabinets in the edit wall view. So for now this has been the easiest and quickest way that I have found to center a cabinet on an opening or wall item.
I do use sketchup often for layout just because of the features like inferencing among others that sketchup has.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Thanks for the info, Scott.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm curious what you find to be the benefit of using eCabinets over SketchUp.

Scott Marshburn

New User
Scott
We use eCabinets where I work because we have a Thermwood router. eCabinets was developed by Thermwood for their routers and is a very robust and dependable cad program for developing case work like kitchen cabinets and it is free to any cabinet business.
This program rivals programs that sell for 20K. You do not have to purchase their router to get this program.

As I stated I use sketchup often also. There are a lot of things that I can do in sketchup a lot quicker than in eCabinets. There are some things that eCabinets is not engineered to do that I can do in sketchup.

For example word art or line art. I just cut a project for a client. They wanted a compass engraved on a door panel for their beach house. They provided us with a pdf file of what they wanted. I was able to load the image into sketchup and trace it. I then exported it as a dxf file and engraved it with our router.

So to make a long story short I am not an eCabinets only type of guy. I use whatever is best for the particular situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS