J

jeff...

Assigned To:: Unassigned
=====================================
How can I stop OttoMatic PM spam?

Thanks

J

jeff...

I see, so can I send the spam back to Otto and fill up his / her inbox?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It says otto is an admin/moderator and I cannot ignore messages from him or is it her?
That is the way it is intended. Though I do agree, the thread closing message are getting a bit old. I'll look into that particular message.

Or perhaps our new site programmer, wsd1089, Chris Mathes will look into hint, hint, hint.:eusa_clap

J

jeff...

Cool - I didn't know Chris was our new site programmer - just let me move those close thread messages into dev/null please.

Thanks

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
OK, I removed the queuing of emails when a thread is closed. If I did this correctly, nobody should receive those specific emails any longer. This should not affect other emails distributed by Ottomatic...only the thread closure ones.

Please let me know if you notice any odd behavior that may be attributed to my first hack...er...'fix' on this site. :) Oh...also let me know if you received a thread closure message.

I just ran the job to clean up messages and will check with a few of you who would have gotten the message if I didn't do it correctly.

Regards,
Chris

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Cool - I didn't know Chris was our new site programmer

Well...i thought it was going to be a title change only, but it looks as if Steve is going to make me earn it.... :rolf: I'll try not to destroy our board :lol: Steve promised me that it is backed up and I can only do 'minimal' damage...:eusa_doh:

chris

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
I need a little help with this from all of you. I believe this request can be closed, but I am getting some mixed feedback from the group. A couple of you stated that you continued to get thread closure pm's from OTTO, but others say they are not. I spent some time today reviewing the queue of pm's generated and emails sent over the past day and do believe that this fix is preventing the PM's from going out.

If you receive a thread closure pm over the next day or two, could you please pm me and let me know?

Thanks,
Chris

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Chris, I just checked. That' was the right place to make the change:icon_thumI don't see anyway people should be getting any Otto PMs on Auto close.

Of course threads close manually by thread should still have PMs sent from the staff member in question.

Good work

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Excellent! Thanks for double checking that for me Steve. That seemed like the right place that would only affect the automation, but allow other PM's to be sent out...like you mentioned above.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS