Hitachi Table Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Any of you have ANY experience with Hitachi Table saws like the one Lowe's is selling for $499? I looked it over and I can't see any "flies" on this thing. Good fence, controls up front etc.

Also, how about their 10" Sliding Mitre Saw with Laser sight? All opinions welcome.

Sully

New User
jay
The reviews I have seen of the TS have _not_ been glowing. I can't recall where the were right now, but it left me with a bad impression.

However, the Hitachi (S)CMS's seem to be well liked.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I haven't seen any reviews of the $499 saw at Lowes that I can remember, but I have looked at it myself, and it does appear to be a pretty good saw from what I can tell. As for their Hybrid saw, I have seen two magazine reviews. One good and one bad.

Is a gloat upcoming?

jmauldin

New User
Jim
My youngest son bought one with the sliding table several years ago and loves it. He has made several bookcases, etc. and hasn't had any problems with the saw. I personally have not used it, but I take his word, esp. since he has a PhD in engineering!
Jim in Mayberry

zimman20

New User
Rich Zimmerman
Seems you could do better in that price range if you're willing to go used, that's all I'd say...no particular input about the Hitachi in particular.

People upgrade all the time, 500 bones could net you a Craftsman 22124 hybrid or other, if you're patient.

Good luck with your decision. :)

jimwill48

James
I've seen it, was not to impressed. If I was in the market, I would look real close at the Ridgid TS3650 for just a few $$ more.

JW

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I was in Lowes today and after reading your post yesterday I decided to look it over. I don't see 500 dollars. The raise/lower mechanism and the tilt really feel pretty cheesy. When tilting the blade it felt as though the gears weren't meshing. The fence is a knockoff but seemed to lock down solid..

I would want to look real close at what's under the table before I spent any money on it. I also think you could do much better with 500 dollars on a used saw.

Chuck

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A mega ditto to this saw. A new Delta saw=$499, 30" Unifence, with table and legs=$275, and mobile base=$100. You are looking at over $700 new. Used QUAILY power tools will outlast most anyone of us. I have this saw, along with a Uni in my shop. The Uni has never been set up as contractor's saw does everything I need. Got 3 spare Delta contactor's saws just in case- It's a long story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS