Hitachi Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottathought

New User
Michael
I do not know about this particular router but I have nothing but good things about Hitachi.
And 2 1/4 HP?
WOW....I am thinking about this deal for myself.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Bout the only router that Hitachi has put out lately that isn't the best deal is their new M12V2 3.24HP router. It's ugly as sin -
519CHVMG92L._AA280_.jpg

And basically not designed well for its purpose (table use)
I think that you will do good with the one you listed.
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Bout the only router that Hitachi has put out lately that isn't the best deal is their new M12V2 3.24HP router. It's ugly as sin -
519CHVMG92L._AA280_.jpg

And basically not designed well for its purpose (table use)
I think that you will do good with the one you listed.
Dave:)

DaveO, when I saw your reply I almost spewed coffee.

I thought we renamed that M12V2...it's now the M12WE... (white elephant). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
I have that router it works great. It is not something you throw in a router table for everyday use. I use mine for a dovetail machine.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Thanks, LeftyTom, for those articles. Good info to assist in my decision making process.

tv

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
Todd,

I'm not familar with that particular router, but I have one suggestion. When you compare the routers, price any accessories that you want and take that into account. I bought a Freud plunge router a while back that came with a 1/2" collet, 1/4" sleeve and an edge guide for a little over $100. I then got a PC 7518 fixed base 3 1/4 router for Christmas that had nothing but a 1/2" collet. I had to buy a 1/4" collet for it separately. I don't care about an edge guide because it is in my router table. The router you are interested in seems to come with lots of good accessories except for an edge guide. Good Luck!

Amy

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
We have a Hitachi router mounted under a table that we use almost exclusively for rounding over. It's been the best investment we've made in a router. We'd been through a couple PC's and others. It's just a simple 2 hp. but it has plenty of power and is variable speed.

Trog777

New User
Trog
I have the Hitachi M12VC. Has worked fine. I don't remember how much I paid, but I also got it at Amazon when on sale. I wouldn't hesitae to buy another at that price were I needing another 2 1/4hp router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS