HF Dust Collector Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks to DaveO's coupon, I snagged the 2hp DC from HF last night for ~ $135. I have heard of several options to increase the filtering abilities of this unit. What recommendations do you have?

I'm also interested in creating a small duct system with this DC. What designs have been successful with this unit? It may not be the best, but the price was right :eusa_danc Any insight is appreciated, as always!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Michael,
I'm reading the words, but I don't see any pics ;-)

But congrats anyway :mrgreen:
Roger

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Thanks to DaveO's coupon, I snagged the 2hp DC from HF last night for ~ $135. I have heard of several options to increase the filtering abilities of this unit. What recommendations do you have?

Shortly after purchasing the HF unit I added the Wynn Environmental 35A cartridge filter. Works great and for the combined price I feel like I have a top of the line DC for my small shop needs.

Their website: 35A Series Cartridge Kit

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Last night I installed shaker felt 1 micron bags as an upgrade for my 2HP Griz 1029 DC from Process Systems. The new bags provide much better filtration and SIGNIFICANTLY more air flow.

I think Process Systems provides bags for industrial/commercial use but they will make sets for individuals. Several of the Woodnet members recommended them.

Here's a pic.

Chuck

Attachments

• New DC bags small.JPG
    New DC bags small.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 158

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks for the visual Chuck (pictures always help and I would have posted a photo of my gloat except it remains in the box :eusa_doh:).

Are those cable ties I see around the bags? Do you mind sharing what the cost of the upgraded felt bags is?

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Thanks for the visual Chuck (pictures always help and I would have posted a photo of my gloat except it remains in the box :eusa_doh:).

Are those cable ties I see around the bags? Do you mind sharing what the cost of the upgraded felt bags is?

Those ARE cable ties - the deluxe, heavy duty size! :lol: The bags that came on the unit (I bought it used) had cinch belts and they popped off once the pores of the bags got enough dust to pressurize the bag. I need to pick up some metal bands but cable ties are cheap and I have a LOT of them. :-D

The upgraded bags cost 59 dollars. Grizzly has felt bags listed for 14.95 dollars each but their filter size is specified at 3 micron.

Chuck

RobD

New User
Rob
If you are interested in upgrading the bags, I have a couple for sale. I bought a set from a guy on ebay about a year ago for my HF DC and he sent me two sets. They are 1 micron. After shipping fees I think I paid ~$60 for mine thinking I would only get one set. You can have the extra pair for $30 if you want.

Here is a thread on the woodnet boards about the bags when they were found for sale.

WoodNet Forums: DC Bags on Ebay

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
About four years ago I got one of those dust collectors and from new it worked fine!!! I thought it did a tremendous job of collecting dust. After about three years of use, the pull of chips slowed down (yes I did empty the bags :-D) but found that the bags started stopping up. I recently upgraded to a canister filter set up, which cost more than the dust collector did to start with but now it has more flow than it did to start with, and I can adequately pull chips with ALL of my blast gates open and I don't get dust in the air like I figured I would with a greater flowing system.

Attachments

• Dustcollector.jpg
    Dustcollector.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 178

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Phil,

What upgrade is it that you used on the HF DC. It doesn't look like the Wynn model. If you could, please post the info.

Thanks

Dan C.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
If you log onto Amazon.com and search for dust collector canister filter you will get the JET canister and the center housing along with a few bags on the bottom. It is the JET parts without the motor and base, so there may be some adapting to get it to fit your machine but mine works fine! For some reason Amazon says it is currently unavailable but that thing ships from some other place anyway, so maybe it is available elsewhere. I know that Klingspor has the whole collector, so maybe they can get the parts or kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS