Help Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

Well, I have two sets of plans in hand. The 3 in 1 bed plan from Wood magazine and the Heirloom plan. Time to make a decision I guess. If you've built one or the other, feel free to comment.

Gonna be building this thing out of white oak. It will be painted.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User

Well, I have two sets of plans in hand. The 3 in 1 bed plan from Wood magazine and the Heirloom plan. Time to make a decision I guess. If you've built one or the other, feel free to comment.

Gonna be building this thing out of white oak. It will be painted.
###-u-me-ing this is the "Heirloom crib" in question, it is clearly a drop-side crib. Although it appears drop-side cribs can be made for non-commercial use, I would check very carefully that the plans comply with the 2011 CPSC crib requirements - which go beyond banning commercial drop side cribs and specify stronger slats and better mounting of the mattress, etc.

The Heirloom is the better looking of the two cribs, but will be a PITA to paint due to the numerous spindles.

http://woodworking.retailersdiscoun...radles-and-highchair/heirloom-crib-plans.html

-Mark

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
If I go with this plan, I'm not planning to make it a "drop side." The client is going to provide the finish. Thanks for your input.

###-u-me-ing this is the "Heirloom crib" in question, it is clearly a drop-side crib. Although it appears drop-side cribs can be made for non-commercial use, I would check very carefully that the plans comply with the 2011 CPSC crib requirements - which go beyond banning commercial drop side cribs and specify stronger slats and better mounting of the mattress, etc.

The Heirloom is the better looking of the two cribs, but will be a PITA to paint due to the numerous spindles.

http://woodworking.retailersdiscoun...radles-and-highchair/heirloom-crib-plans.html

-Mark

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I seen this one, on one of those Alaska shows - Alaksa The Last Frontier. Eivin made a cradle like a barrel that would hang from the rafters. I thought it was pretty cool.

uploadfromtaptalk1460598789512.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS