Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

edspec

New User
steve
Just joined. I don't get online much but realy enjoy the woodworking hobby. Turning is my favorite but I make a lot of sawdust mulch tinkering with birdhouses etc.

Member of AAW and past member of PBCW. Just moved to NC and found a larger workshop.

New Lathe on the way. For my level and budget I broke down and ordered the new G0632 (grizzly 16X42). As soon as I figure out how to get it off the truck and into the shop when it gets here I will post first impressions.

Steve

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Steve, I am glad that you could join us, and thanks for the intro.
I am sure if you ask really nicely that some members in your area wold be more than happy to help in unloading and placing your new lathe in your shop....they're all really good like that :-D
Dave:)

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome! I just joined myself. People here seem very nice and extremely helpful. I recently received a new Powermatic 3520B. It was a monster and it took all day to remove from the truck and reassemble in the shop. My back will never be the same... Good luck, sorry I'm not closer to help out.

Bob

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Steve! Post some pics of the lathe when you get it setup. We love pixs :icon_thum

cya,
Roger

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Steve. We're glad to have you and look forward to seeing your new lathe. :eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome. We are glad you joined us and look forward to seeing pictures of your lathe and projects. You'll discover we are big on pictures!

dozer

Mike
Welcome to the site Steve. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on your new lathe.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome: If you need help getting that beast off the truck, there are a couple of us not more than a 1/2 hour's drive away.

Go

edspec

New User
steve
Re: It's Here

:eusa_danc With a little help from every one, and a shop crane the new lathe is in the shop. Tomorrow I wire the additional 220 outlet.

she arrived in a 400 LB wooden crate and although the crate took some dents and scratches, the lathe appears fine. I have it assembled and cleaned with the T-9 soaking in tonight.

Thank you for every ones willingness to help. Photo may be attached if all went well.

Steve

Attachments

• newlathepic.jpg
    newlathepic.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 127

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Pictures came through great, I am glad that the lathe unloaded well. That is a mighty fine looking lathe, and with the photographic evidence of it's reality, I offer you a most respectful YOU SUCK
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS