Happiness is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
...being the last stop on the NCWW Pony Express! It's like Christmas eve for me...waiting to hook up with Mark sometime tomorrow! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Chris

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
8-O:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:lol:8-O Christmas came early in Harrisburg as Mark and his wife were nice enough to stop by with my stocking full of goodies! I cannot believe how generous Jeff is! He hooked me up with some absolutely gorgeous wood. While the secret sauce blank is unbelievable, one of a kind, spectacular, intriguing, so ugly it is BEAUTIFUL :), the additions that he threw in are prime AAA pen blanks. JEFF! How can I pay you back??!?!!? this was too much. I have to admit, I cannot wait to turn that curly walnut. That is really nice!

OK...so in addition to Jeff's generousity, I had another random act of kindness! Mike Davis complimented me by purchasing a pen that I made. (Thank you!) That pen went back to Greensboro on one of the final legs of the pony express, however, Mike threw in a nice STRAIGHT piece from an antler. Thank you very much, Mike!

Finally, I also ended up with the friendship pen. Well, Dave, this is a gorgeous work of art. The lamination is well done. The wood choices are spectacular. But, most impressive is his finish! This pen shines...I can see my reflection in it! :) It is beautiful...nothing less! The only bad thing that I could come up with to say about it is that it has too many fingerprints on it from everyone touching it...:rolf:

The secret sauce blank is a diamond in the rough...I hope I can expose it's full glory! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the pony express this week! I was a huge beneficiary in this and could not be more appreciative! :eusa_danc

Regards,
Chris Mathes

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Thanks for sharing with us, Chris. We are very lucky to be part of such a great group of folks here. NCWoodworkers is an incredible mix of talented woodworkers with hearts of pure gold. :icon_thum

Chuck

J

jeff...

Chris your words are very kind, thank you very much. Don't sweat about the pen blanks. I really enjoy seeing what you guys do with them, I am really amazed. Since I never made a pen before, you guys really help me understand whats good and bad.

Thanks again and I'm glad you like the pen blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS