Glad I am happy with it

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
What do you mean by "Just a bit odd having the air with no paint."?

Please post your experiences with the paint when you get a chance. Always a need for recommendations for cabinet paint. I'm going to need to refinish some kitchen cabinets 'eventually' too.

Last cabinets I did I used an inexpensive conversion HVLP gun with Zinsser shellac primer and INSLX CabinetCoat paint. The Zinsser primer sprayed easily right out of the can (but watch out for the alcohol fumes). The CabinetCoat needed to be thinned to the max allowed, but went down ok and self-levelled quite well.

-Mark

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think he is referring to the constant flow of air through the gun when not actually spraying. I have the same Earlex 5500.

bphaynes

Parker
Corporate Member
I'd be interested in the top coat paint as well. I've been using BM Advance on my newly installed trim and I like it, but haven't sprayed it yet until I finish my built ins.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
I think he is referring to the constant flow of air through the gun when not actually spraying. I have the same Earlex 5500.
Oh that would throw me off too. Really? They do a constant airspray but limit the application to trigger squeeze?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yea, pull trigger to release your product, air flows as long as base is powered on

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
OK, they call that a "bleeder" style gun - no air flow out the nozzle when the trigger is released is a "non-bleeder" style.

-Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS