Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Looks like it's been a busy weekend for scrollers :eusa_danc

The first time I saw Rod's new avatar I knew I had to scroll it :eusa_thin

So with his permission here is the result

4_rod.jpg

It was a lot of fun and a great challenge removing that much wood without breaking something

8.5 x 11 1/4" elm cut with a #1 spiral BLO and deft. Store bought frame

Thanx Rod for the opportunity :icon_thum

Thanx everyone for lookin :mrgreen:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great job Robert:icon_thum what do you use to make your patterns? Do you ever add glass to your work? I have mixed feelings on the glass - With the felt for the backer I like the glass so that the felt want get dusty - but then when you take a pic of it then the glass glares and I don't know how to stop that:BangHead:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great job Robert:icon_thum what do you use to make your patterns? Do you ever add glass to your work? I have mixed feelings on the glass - With the felt for the backer I like the glass so that the felt want get dusty - but then when you take a pic of it then the glass glares and I don't know how to stop that:BangHead:

The only scroll art I have ever framed was the NCWw'er logo that Robert cut. I decided to use glass in the front for the same reasons that you mentioned (and I used crushed velvet, which would be even more magnetic to the dust). I contacted a glass shop and they recommended low-glare glass. It is often used to frame art work, and removes the glare associated with regular plate glass. It didn't cost but a little bit more.

Dave:)

Glennbear

Glenn
That is one handsome piece of automotive artwork :wsmile: Having been born in 1949 I am a tad prejudiced . :gar-La;

sawduster

New User
Robert

I use a process in PSP 7 for the initial conversion , then do a lot of hand drawing and cleaning with a graphics pad and good ol' pencil and paper er .....sharpie and white out :mrgreen: I find myself making changes during the cutting as well .
I always use the glass that comes with the frames. I simply take my pictures without it then put it back when I " button it up " . Most of the time I glue the felt to the frame backer instead of the piece . On a multi-colored piece such as this one , sometimes the colors are applied directly to the piece and then the black applied to the backer
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS