Freud bits/accessories 25% on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

New User
Michael
I just saw that Amazon once again is offering 25% off of Freud bits and accessories!

Which dado set do you recommend? At 1/4 off, seems like a great time to buy one.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
If you spring for the SD-508 you won't be dissatisfied. I originally purchased the 208 series and "unloaded" it on Gofor last spring after I stole the 508 from an unsuspecting Ebayer. Absolutely nothing wrong with the 208, but since you're saving money (saving...yeah...spending is more like it) pop for the 508. My set is dead on accurate in width when you assemble according to the directions, but sometimes the depth of cut is off a little. Still working on that.

M

McRabbet

I have an SD-508 and it is an amazing dado set -- I usually can cut to within .002" of my target width for fitting plywood or planed solid stock -- it cuts flat bottoms and edge tearout is almost non-existent. Had mine for 2 years and it is still sharp as it can be and I've done many good size projects with lots of dados and McRabbets. I echo DaveO's comments on the 3/32" chipper. Go for it.

MikeL

New User
Michael
Jon, you don't need a code. When you go to checkout, Amazon will apply the discount as long as you have one or more of the qualifying items in your cart.

I know because I just tested it with the SD508! :icon_chee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS