Free Packard Precision drill press in Durham

buckaroo

Buck
User
I have a 1984 16-speed drill press that I inherited from an inlaw and have never used other than to turn it on to see if the motor worked. The rack is broken in half, but could be fixed by tapping and drilling the ends at the break and fastening them to the column. Or you could just pipe-clamp the longer top part of the rack to the column if you didn't need the total capacity.
Anyway, It's just taking up space in my tiny shop and it's yours if you want it. I'll help break it down and load it (its heavy).
1697148205878.png

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Buck, Andrea at the Bull City Woodshop may appreciate this donation! They're in Durham and she's always looking for working equipment to further her mission of teaching kids and adults woodworking! If you'd like to donate it to her, I'll gladly pick it up and deliver. I'd like to check with her first to make sure she wants it. Thanks!

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Floor model or benchtop?

Any reason you know of why one could not braze or weld the track back together?

buckaroo

Buck
User
Buck, Andrea at the Bull City Woodshop may appreciate this donation! They're in Durham and she's always looking for working equipment to further her mission of teaching kids and adults woodworking! If you'd like to donate it to her, I'll gladly pick it up and deliver. I'd like to check with her first to make sure she wants it. Thanks!
I'd really like that. Let me know if she wants it.

buckaroo

Buck
User
Floor model or benchtop?

Any reason you know of why one could not braze or weld the track back together?
Well, I know nothing about welding/brazing, and I can't tell what kind of metal it is, except that it is ferrous. It is not rusty, though, and the column and base have some surface rust. Here's what the shorter piece looks like:

Attachments

• 20231012_191036.jpg
    20231012_191036.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 44

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Yes, Andrea does want it for the Bull City wood shop! I work in Durham so it should be pretty convenient for me to swing by and pick it up.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Buck, this site is not private and viewable by anybody on the internet. Please delete your post, I took a snapshot of your phone and address but I highly recommend you delete your post so that nobody else has access to it for mischievous reasons. Michael

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS